To connect Brightpearl and Magento you will need to install and configure an extension on your Magento account. The extension controls all interactions between Brightpearl and Magento.
Installing the Brightpearl Magento extension for the first time
You can download the extensions for free here by using the voucher code BRIGHTPEARL
To install the Flint Interactions extension and the Brightpearl Magento extension. Both extensions will be provided in the zip file:
- Step 1: Ensure you have a current backup of your site (see below for a backup guide)
- Step 2: Disable Magento compilation function
- Step 3: Enable the configuration cache:
In Magento admin, go to System > Cache Management.
Select all cache types and use the actions to refresh.
- Step 4: Unzip the file
- Step 5: There will be two extensions one named flint_interactions and one named flint_brightpearl, unzip each of these.
- Step 6: Copy the files within each of the extension folders provided to the root folder of your Magento integration. Note: Do not copy the folders over, only the files within each of the folders.
- Step 7: Refresh the cache
- Step 8: Log out and back in
- Step 9: Re-enable the Magento compilation functionality
In Magento admin, go to System > Tools > Web Setup Wizard. Click the Run compilation process button.
- Step 10: Check the installation can be seen
For Magento 2.0: Look for the main menu called "Hotlink”.
Look for the Hotlink Interactions menu at Hotlink > Brightpearl > Configuration.
For Magento 1.x: Once the extension is installed on your Magento account you will see a new menu called “Interactions” and new configuration screens called “Flint interactions”.
Backing up your Magento Site.
In Magento admin, go to System > Tools > Backups.
Use the buttons to take a backup of the system, database and media, and database.