If you're migrating from TAS V3 to Brightpearl you'll need to extract all your data and import it into Brightpearl. This will allow you to stop using TAS and carry on using Brightpearl where you left off with TAS.
When to switch from TAS V3 to Brightpearl
You don't have to switch accounting systems at the end of a financial year, or even a VAT quarter.
Once you have imported your accounting into Brightpearl you should immediately start using Brightpearl and stop using TAS.
What you will need to export
- Trial balance
- Debtors report
- Creditors report
Each of these will be separately imported to Brightpearl.
What can't be imported
- Historical transactions other than outstanding invoices.
Important things to remember:
- We don't import historical transactions (other than outstanding invoices)
- Once you have started running transactions in Brightpearl, STOP entering into TAS
- The import matches Customers and Suppliers on the TAS account CODE - e.g. ABC001
- You cannot have the same contact both a customer and a supplier in Brightpearl. If you have this situation in TAS, you'll need to amend the CODE and COMPANY NAME for the customer/supplier in the relevant import files so that Brightpearl creates two unique contacts.
- Save files as CSV from your TAS system.
Exporting data from TAS V3
How to export data from TAS V3
Export your trial balance
- Go to Nominal > Reporting > Print Trial Balance .
- Choose the current financial year.
- Starting period 0 and Ending period 12.
- Include zero balance lines and year-to-date figures.
- Choose to print to disk.
- Click OK , and save it as "TB134" somewhere you can find it later.
Now that you've got all the information you need from TAS, you can just drop the 3 files into Brightpearl.
Import to Brightpearl
Now that you've got all the information you need from Sage, you can import it into Brightpearl in the following order:
- Trial balance