When you have multiple purchase orders for the same vendor (supplier) it can be useful to merge them all into one before sending it to the vendor.
It is possible to merge purchase orders when:
- They are all for the same vendor
- They are all for the same warehouse (if you are using multiple warehouses)
- You have not received any of the stock
- You have not received the invoice
- The order is not a drop-ship purchase order
Once the merge has been confirmed a new purchase order reference will be generated and the original orders will be deleted.
This new purchase order will contain all the order lines and notes from the original separate purchase orders.
Note: That the merge button will not be visible on your purchase list until the correct filters have been applied. You must filter by both warehouse and vendor to be able to merge purchase orders.
Warning: If you use the functionality to automatically allocate inventory from purchase orders to their parent sales, merging the purchase orders will mean that inventory will not be automatically allocated.
How to merge purchase orders
- Go to Purchases > Recent purchase orders
- (Required) Filter by warehouse and supplier
- Select the purchase orders to be merged
- Click the Merge purchase orders button
The merge button will only be displayed if the warehouse and supplier filters have been applied.
- You will see a popup asking you to confirm the merge - click OK to continue:
You will be taken to the new purchase order which you can then process as normal.