All documentation in this document relates to a previous version of the Brightpearl Magento extension which will be deactivated in 2018. If you are using this previous version, please contact us about upgrading.
For help with the current extension, please see the Magento section.
Brightpearl provides several different inventory levels to help you monitor what’s on your shelf, what’s allocated to orders and how much you have left available to sell - the quantity on hand. It is this on hand inventory level which is sent to Magento and your other sales channels.
An inventory level update is triggered at the following times:
- When the product is first connected to a product in Magento
- When the connected product is saved with or without any changes having been made
- When the connected product is included on a product import with or without any updates being made
- When the product is disconnected and reconnected to Magento with or without any updates being made
- When the product price is updated in Brightpearl and uploaded to Magento - includes updates made using the price list import
- When the on hand inventory level at the chosen warehouse changes due to sales order allocations, inventory corrections, receiving items on sales credits, purchase orders or warehouse transfers
The quantity will update on Magento in near real time.
Quantity of a bundle
Both Brightpearl and Magento support bundles of products. There are a few ways of setting up and managing bundles - create bundles in Brightpearl, create bundles in Magento or create bundles in both, just don't connect them!
If the bundle is created in Brightpearl it must be connected to a simple product in Magento. Since a Brightpearl bundle is non-stock tracked there is no inventory level and therefore the quantity must be managed in Magento.
If the bundle is created in Magento the simple products within the bundle are each connected to products in Brightpearl. Brightpearl is able to manage the inventory levels for the components of the bundle and Magento is then able to calculate the availability of the bundle.
If a bundle is created in both Magento and Brightpearl they should not be connected.
Inventory in Brightpearl can be managed using one or more warehouses. When connecting Brightpearl to Maganto inventory levels can be updated on Magento using on hand quantity at a single warehouse or the combined on hand quantity from multiple warehouses.
Note that a single warehouse is selected for automatically allocating inventory on the downloaded order. Items on the same order can be shipped from multiple warehouses using advanced fulfillment.
Choose the warehouse(s) for managing inventory levels on Magento and the warehouse orders are assigned to on the Magento sales channel at Settings > Company > Channels .