Brightpearl downloads payments directly from eBay once the order is recognized as paid. This will mark the order in Brightpearl as paid and create the accounting in the bank account and accounts receivable (debtors) but not for any PayPal fees.
Refunds are not handled by the integration and will need to be managed manually.
Downloading payments from eBay
Payments will be automatically downloaded from eBay at the point that they are received. This works by listening out for the eBay API notifications which let Brightpearl know when to download. If for any reason a notification is missed Brightpearl performs a full download on a daily basis. Alternatively, you are able to trigger a download at any time using the "Download" link on the Recent Sales List - this works for orders and payments.
If an order is paid upfront at the point the order is placed, then it will download as paid.
Although a feature eBay are phasing out, there are still some eBay sites which continue to allow buyers to "Commit to buy" without making payment. In this case Brightpearl downloads an unpaid order and allocate the inventory to ensure it is reserved. When the payment is received it will be downloaded to mark the order as paid. You can filter to only paid orders on the sales list to ensure that you only ship those which are paid.
Bank accounts used for eBay payments
When payments for sales are downloaded from eBay it will be posted to the bank account selected for the eBay channel.
How to set the bank account used for eBay payments
- Go to Channels > eBay channel > Settings .
- Scroll down to the Orders section.
- Choose the nominal code into which payments should be made.
Refunds & returns for eBay sales
Brightpearl will not manage refunds or returns for eBay sales. They will need to be processed manually so that both Brightpearl and eBay are up-to-date.
The following steps will need to be carried out in Brightpearl:
- Clone the original sale to a sales credit.
- Mark the credit as credited.
- Receive the inventory on the credit to update stock.
- Mark the credit as refunded.
The refund to the customer will need to be processed via eBay/PayPal.
How to clone a sales order to a sales credit
- Search for and open the original sales order containing the items to be credited or returned. Alternatively, a credit can be started from Sales > New Credit .
- Select the lines that are being credited, or returned. Note that quantities can be edited directly on the credit later.
- Click the Clone to Sales Credit button just above the line items.