If you're using Microsoft Outlook for your email, you can get all your outgoing and incoming emails to appear on the contact timeline. There are a number of options:
- Outlook running on MS Exchange
- Outlook running on your computer, emails hosted by your web provider
- Outlook running on your computer, emails hosted by Google Apps
We'll look at the general concepts first, then look at the specific requirements for each in turn.
You need to add your Mail Store email address to the CC or BCC field for every outgoing email that you want to appear in Brightpearl CRM. Within 5 minutes it will be on the contact timeline!
Do it automatically:
You can set up an "auto BCC" so that this is all done for you in the background, if you want. There's a nice application that costs just $29.99 that allows you to set up a number of rules, and BCC multiple addresses:
You can automatically forward incoming email (either all incoming email or a filtered subset) to another address (e.g. your Brightpearl Mail Store email account) using Outlook's 'message forwarding' capabilities.
- In Outlook (2010) click Rule on the toolbar and select Create Rule .
- In the Rules Wizard select the conditions and actions you want to apply.
- Start from a template or from a blank rule:
- Select a template - choose Apply rule on messages I receive. Click Next .
- Which condition(s) do you want to check?
- Tick the checkbox next to any rule you want to apply.
- Edit the rule description - click the underlined value and enter the detail of the rule. Click Next .
- What do you want to do with the message?
- Select action - choose to forward it to people or public group check box.
- Edit the rule description - click the underlined value and select your Mail Store address to which you want to forward the emails. Click OK .
- Click Next .
- Are there any exceptions?
- select exception(s) if necessary.
- Click Next .
- Specify a name for this rule.
- Tick the checkbox if you want to run this rule now.
- Ensure the checkbox is ticked to turn on this rule.
- Tick the checkbox if you want to apply this rule to all your e-mail accounts and inboxes.
- Click Finish .
Other Ways to Get Email into Brightpearl CRM
You can always just hit "Forward" and send to your Mail Store email address.