The corrections report lists all the accounting journals which have been amended or cancelled. This report is useful for monitoring unusual journal corrections. Each journal displays the reason for modification that was entered at the time the journal was edited
Remember every accounting journal retains a change history, so it can be reinstated if the changes were made in error.
Note : Editing or cancelling journals will not update associated order records. All corrections should be made directly against the order which will automatically create the necessary corrections to accounting.
When not to cancel or edit a journal
Editing or cancelling accounting journals will only affect your financial reporting, such as the General Ledger, the Balance Sheet, the Profit & Loss / Income Statement report, as well as the financial details for customers and suppliers.
Editing or cancelling accounting journals will not update orders or inventory. Any corrections to any of the following should be made via the inventory or order records:
- SI - Sales invoice (relating to an order)
- SC- Sales credit (relating to a return order)
- SR - Sales receipt (relating to an order or return)
- GO - Goods-out (relating to a sales order)
- SG - Goods-in (relating to an order return)
- PI - Purchase invoice (relating to an order
- PC - Purchase credit (relating to a return order)
- PP - Purchase payment (relating to an order or return)
- PG - Goods-in (relating to a purchase order)
- IA - Stock correction (relating to adding/removing or changing stock value)
- LC - Landed costs
If changes are made to these types of accounting journals the accounting will not report the same figures as the inventory and orders areas of Brightpearl.