If you are a Brightpearl account owner who wants to create an app solely for your own company’s use, or have hired a developer to do so on your behalf, then you can create it as a private app. This will not appear in the App Store, and your developer won’t have to register with us. You will need to decide whether the app should be a system app, or a staff app - please read about the types of app and discuss with your developer before following the instructions below on how to set it up.
Getting started with a private app
Only a user with "settings" permissions enabled can create authentication codes for a private app.
A private app is added directly within the Brightpearl account.
How to create a private app
To create a private app you will need user login permissions for "Settings".
- Log in to your Brightpearl account.
- Click on App Store at the top of the screen.
- Click Private Apps towards the top right of the page.
- Click Add private app .
- In the pop-up window enter the following:
- Reference - enter a reference for your app which may only contain lower case letters, numbers or the hyphen character. Note that the accountId_ prefix cannot be removed.
- Name - give your app a name.
- Type - Select whether you are creating a staff or system app.
- Click to save your app.
- You will be returned to to the private apps page. Make a note of the ‘Token’ for your new app which you will need when authenticating with the Brightpearl API. Make sure you keep this token secure as you would a password.
- If you have created a Staff app you will need to authorise access to a particular user in order to authenticate on behalf of that user.