Setting a vendor (supplier) on a product is needed in order to :
- Create purchase orders using the low inventory report.
- Create drop-ship purchase orders.
- Create back-to-back (just in time) purchase orders from the sales list.
- Add items to purchase orders manually, if the "limit product selection to assigned items only" setting is ON.
Link products to suppliers one by one
Use the product edit screen "Suppliers" tab to assign suppliers for a product. Select multiple suppliers by holding the Ctrl or Cmd key.
Link products to suppliers in bulk
You can also use the product list to batch assign suppliers to products. Select your items and from the batch actions choose to "set supplier".
You can assign suppliers to products using a spreadsheet too.
Automatically link suppliers to products using price list data
On the price list configuration page, the orange/grey icon will :
- Identify all vendors (suppliers) which have been assigned this price list.
- Identify all products which have a non-zero price on this list.
- Assign the supplier to the products.
If you are going to be using the linked supplier for drop-shipping, then the product will need to have a non-zero price on the supplier's price list.
Learn why you might want to assign suppliers / vendors to products, and how to do so, using the product edit screen, the product list, or by importing a spreadsheet in Brightpearl.