When you have incurred business expenses on behalf of your company (using a personal card) you can use Brightpearl to create a claim for the money back.
By creating a claim directly within Brightpearl you can keep historical details, follow the progress of your claim from creation to payment, ensure the correct nominal codes are updated in accounting and even upload files or images, allowing you to keep copies of receipts.
If a project was entered against the claim it will automatically be added to the Sales section of the Project.
How to create a new expense claim
- Hover your mouse over your username at the top of the screen and select Enter Expenses.
- On the green region on the left-hand side enter the date of the claim.
- Select the category of the first item on the claim, e.g. accommodation (each category must be setup as a separate nominal code).
- Enter any relevant notes regarding the item.
- Enter the amount.
- If you want, upload an image, perhaps a scanned image of the receipt.
- Click Add .
- Continue to add items; they will all be included on the same claim number. Each item is listed on the right-hand side.
- (Optional) To assign the expenses to a project, select it from the drop-down menu.
- (Optional) To pass the charges on to a client search for and select the client name (go to step 12).
How to submit a claim
- After creating a new expense claim click the Submit claim button.
The submitted claim is added to the Open claims tab displayed below. If you have the permission to approve claims, it will automatically be approved and added to the Approved claims tab.
How to submit an expense claim and charge it to a customer
- When creating a new expense claim assign the client name before submitting.
- Submit the claim.
You will be taken directly to a sales invoice with the expense details as line items. If the expense code is taxable, then the tax component of the expense will be added.