Ticket categories allow you to quickly identify the area of the inquiry or issue. This gives you an idea of the kind of problem the ticket is regarding and then assign work to the best person to deal with it. You can make this option available to customers when they raise a ticket.
You might choose categories based on product ranges, or what type of inquiry the customer is making. For example:
- General inquiry
Or choose something more detailed, for example:
- Product inquiries
- Payment issues
- Can you do this...?
- Do you sell...?
- Delivery inquiries
Adding ticket categories
- Go to Settings > Helpdesk > Ticket Categories.
- Click Add a new category.
- Enter a name for the category.
- Specify whether customers are able to select this category when they create the ticket.
- If you want an email or SMS notification sent to a staff member when this category is used, enter the email address or phone number to send the notification to.
- If this is a sub-category, select the parent.
- Choose a color.
- Click Save.
- Use the arrows on the left to click and hold then drag the categories into order. This is how they will be displayed in drop-down lists.
Editing or deleting a ticket category
You can edit or delete a ticket category using the icons in the "Actions" column on the ticket categories list.
Clicking the pencil icon will allow you to change the category details, while clicking the trash can icon will allow you to delete the category.
Once a category has been used, it can no longer be deleted.