Brightpearl provides various inventory levels to represent inventory effectively allowing better management of physical and available stock. These inventory levels can all be seen on the product list (at Products > List Products/services ):
You can click on any of the blue numbers to view a summary of how the figures are made up:
- Which sales orders the product is allocated to
- Which purchase orders the product is on
- The quantities at each warehouse
- General information used on thew website such as image and description; really useful if you want to be able to quickly give someone more details on a product
These different inventory levels are to help you really understand and keep track of your inventory. This is what each one means:
- In stock
- This is the total number of items in the warehouse, including items on goods-out notes, items in the packing process and anything else in progress. Cannot go negative.
- The total number of items reserved for orders, plus the total number of items that exist on open goods-out notes (fulfilled but not yet shipped). Cannot go negative.
- Total quantity of an item in stock less total allocated. This is the value that you have available to allocate to other sales orders. Cannot go negative.
- On order
- This is the total number of items on open purchase orders which you are still waiting to receive.
This diagram shows how inventory levels change as actions are performed: