All documentation in this document relates to a previous version of the Brightpearl Magento extension which will be deactivated by September 2017. If you are using this previous version, please contact us about upgrading.
For help with the current extension, please see the Magento section.
A refund in Brightpearl is processed via a sales credit, which also allows for the receiving of returned items.
It is important to cancel/credit in Brightpearl to update reports and create accounting entries. The order in Magento doesn't need to credited or cancelled, however, updating the status maybe desired so that customers can see that the order is cancelled when they log in online. This can be done by connecting the Brightpearl order statuses, and assigning a cancelled status in Brightpearl.
Processing a refund in Brightpearl does not move money so the customer will need to be paid via the payment provider.
Related how to guides - Cancellations & Returns
How to clone a sales order to a sales credit
- Search for and open the original sales order containing the items to be credited or returned. Alternatively, a credit can be started from Sales > New Credit .
- Select the lines that are being credited, or returned. Note that quantities can be edited directly on the credit later.
- Click the Clone to Sales Credit button just above the line items.
How to edit a journal
- Search for the journal. If you know the journal ID go to Accounting > Corrections.
- Enter a reason for the modification. This is useful if you need to investigate the changes in the future.
- Make the necessary amendments to the references, nominal codes, values and tax codes. For example, to dettach a payment from an invoice, remove the invoice references.
- Click the Save button.
A change history is displayed within the journal record so if required you can reverse the changes by re-entering the details.
Note : A VAT reconciled or Bank reconciled journal cannot be edited unless you unreconcile it first.