Your hardware includes the printer, cash drawer and barcode scanner, if you choose to use one.
Choosing and Installing a Receipt Printer/Cash Drawer
We recommend the Star TSP 100 thermal receipt printer because they plug straight into a USB port and support better receipt formatting. This can be purchased online from retailers such as The Barcode Warehouse . You also may choose to purchase a Cash Drawer. We recommend the Star Micronics CB2002 Cash drawer for use with the Star thermal printer. This can also be purchased online from retailers such as The Barcode Warehouse .
- Install your printer driver. You can download a ZIP file of the printer driver for the Star TSP 100 from here . Run the installation file Autorun.exe and follow the instructions given on the screen until installation is complete.
- When the installation process asks you to, or after installation is complete, connect the receipt printer to your computers USB port.
- If you are using a cash drawer you can now connect the automatic kick-open cable to the socket on the back of the printer.
- Check the earth wire from the cash drawer is attached to the screw in the rear of the printer.
Installing a Barcode Scanner
We recommend the Touch 65/90 handheld barcode scanners. These are connected via USB and can be purchased from The Barcode Warehouse .
Configure the Printer / Receipt Printing
Once installed you will need to set up the printer:
- To use the correct receipt size - if you are using a MAC you won't have to do this
- Kick open the cash draw at the right time
- Cut the receipt below the print area
Follow these steps to configure your printer:
- Go to Start > Printers and Faxes (In Windows 7 this will be Start > Devices and Printers).
- Right-click the receipt printer and select Printer Properties (careful to select Printer Properties and not just Properties).
- Select the Device Settings tab and set the options as shown in the screen shot below:.
- Set the options as shown in the screen shot below, click OK to save and exit:
- FRICTION - select 72mm x Receipt
- Peripheral Unit Type - Select Cash Draw , this tells the printer it is attached to a cash draw
- Peripheral Unit 1 - Select Document Bottom , this tells the printer to open the cash draw at the bottom of the document; so when it has finished printing
- You may also need to go the Advanced tab , click the Printing Defaults button and then the Advanced button.
Once your printer is set up your receipt will look something like this:
Internet Browser Settings
There are various internet browsers you can choose from. You will need to remove the header/footer information, define your margins and paper size for your browser print setup to ensure that your receipts print correctly. Use the following to help depending on the browser you are using:
- Open Chrome.
- Go to File > Print .
- Untick the Headers and footers checkbox.
- Click the Print button to print the page.
When printing receipts your browser may inform you that a pop-up has been blocked. Please ensure you allow popups from Brightpearl. You will need to allow popups for the start of the URL that you can see when logged into Brightpearl. For instance:
You may also choose to set your receipt printer as the default printer so it is automatically selected for you everytime.
- Open Firefox.
- Click File > Page Setup .
- Select the Margins & Header/Footer tab.
- Set all your margins to 0mm .
- Set all header and footer information to —blank— .
When printing receipts your browser may inform you that a pop-up has been blocked. Please ensure you allow pop-ups from Brightpearl. You may also choose to set your receipt printer as the default printer so it is automatically selected for you every time.
We do not recommend that you use Internet Explorer.
- Go to Start > Devices and Printers .
- Right-click your receipt printer and select Set as default printer .
When your browser blocks a pop-up it will usually indicate it has done so with some sort of on-screen message. Click the message to allow pop-ups for this site only.
Whitelist Brightpearl Datacentres