A refund will usually only be required where there is an existing order. The order will also need to be cancelled or credited, depending on what stage it is at through the sales process and it may also include receiving back inventory.
All order cancellations and credits will need to be processed in both Brightpearl and eBay. It is important to cancel/credit in Brightpearl to update records and create accounting entries, and important in eBay to refund the money, update order records and inform customers of what has happened with their order. Processing a refund in Brightpearl does not move money.
A refund can only be recorded in Brightpearl via a sales credit and will usually be included in the process of receiving returned items or cancelling an unshipped order:
Related how to guides - Cancellations & Returns
How to clone a sales order to a sales credit
- Search for and open the original sales order containing the items to be credited or returned. Alternatively, a credit can be started from Sales > New Credit .
- Select the lines that are being credited, or returned. Note that quantities can be edited directly on the credit later.
- Click the Clone to Sales Credit button just above the line items.
How to edit a journal
- Search for the journal. If you know the journal ID go to Accounting > Corrections.
- Enter a reason for the modification. This is useful if you need to investigate the changes in the future.
- Make the necessary amendments to the references, nominal codes, values and tax codes. For example, to dettach a payment from an invoice, remove the invoice references.
- Click the Save button.
A change history is displayed within the journal record so if required you can reverse the changes by re-entering the details.
Note : A VAT reconciled or Bank reconciled journal cannot be edited unless you unreconcile it first.