Once your orders have downloaded into Brightpearl they will be visible on the recent sales list along with all your other orders. All orders from eBay need to be processed through fulfillment and shipping in Brightpearl (or via your shipping application). As these processes are completed Brightpearl will update eBay to mark the order as shipped and add any tracking reference.
Summary of shipping features
|Process||Possible for eBay orders?|
|Partial shipping (multiple shipments)||Yes|
|Split items to back order||No|
|Send tracking reference to eBay||Yes|
Once downloaded into Brightpearl you are able to use advanced fulfillment to send the ordered items in multiple shipments. This is done by creating multiple goods-out notes.
The order on eBay remains a single order. Since eBay does not support partial shipping, the eBay order will be marked as shipped in full only once the final item has been shipped in Brightpearl (order is fully shipped).
Back orders cannot be created for eBay orders.
Bundles can be created in Brightpearl and connected to an eBay listing. The bundle will be added to the downloaded order. When the order is fully shipped in Brightpearl the order will be updated to shipped in eBay.
Drop-shipping eBay orders
eBay orders can be drop-shipped by using advanced fulfillment to create a drop-ship purchase order.
Once shipped the supplier will usually let you know they have sent the items and send you the invoice to pay. The invoice should be received against the purchase order as normal in order to update accounting and your supplier account balance.
At this point, you can choose whether the sales order will be marked as shipped once the purchase invoice has been received or whether they will be marked as shipped at another stage of the drop-ship process. This setting can be found in Settings > Purchases > Purchase settings :
If you select no, you will find an additional action against any drop-ship purchase orders to Mark as Shipped. Selecting to do so will mark the entire order as shipped, and automatically update the parent sales order rows as well; sending a dispatch notification to eBay. When marking as shipped, you can also enter a Tracking Reference and Shipping Method for your drop-ship orders.
You can also mark the parent sales orders as shipped in bulk from within the Purchases list.
You may wish to also update the order status of the purchase order to indicate that the items have been shipped to the customer.
If you choose to mark the drop-ship purchase orders as shipped, you will also have the option to enter a tracking reference and shipping method. These details will be added to the parent order as an order note.
Related how to guides - Shipping & drop-shipping
How to print, pick, pack & ship a goods-out note
Before you can perform these steps you will need to have created a goods-out note, this is done with a process called Fulfillment.
One at a time in an order/goods-out note:
- In Brightpearl, search for and open the order.
- Click on the goods-out note reference (find it against the fulfilled line items) to display the document.
- Work through printing, picking, packing and shipping to goods-out note:
- (Optional) Print the goods-out note.
- (Optional) Mark the goods-out note as picked .
- (Optional) Click to Pack the goods-out note. At this stage a tracking reference and final shipping method can be entered.Tracking references will be sent to the relevant sales channel if relevant. Emails and SMS can be sent to the customer to confirm the order is being dispatched, but this may already be handled by an integrated application, so decide which one will be used.
- Finally, mark the goods-out as shipped .
- The goods-out note can now be closed.
- In Brightpearl, go to Sales > Goods-out notes - due to ship .
- Filter the list to the relevant warehouse.
- Select one or more goods-out notes to process through printing. picking, packing and shipping:
- (Optional) Click to print the documents.
- (Optional) Select the goods-out note again, and click Pick . This will display a picking list for those orders.
- (Optional) Select the goods-out notes and mark them as packed . A tracking reference can be entered and, if it has since changed, the final shipping method (for reference in Brightpearl only). Emails and SMS can be sent to the customer to confirm the order is being dispatched.
Note : If the order is from an integrated sales channel, check your automatic email settings in your seller account.
- Finally, select the goods-out notes and mark them as shipped .
Shipping the goods-out note will update the order shipping status, remove the items from inventory and post the relevant cost of sales accounting for inventory. Shipping cannot be reversed.
If the order was received via an integrated sales channel the shipping confirmation and tracking reference will now be uploaded to that channel.
How to fulfill items on an order from different warehouses
- Search for and open the order.
- Hover over Fulfill order at the top of the page and select their third option Partial/Advanced fulfill .
- Specify how many items are to be sent in this first shipment. Enter zero if none are to be sent.
- Select the warehouse the items are to be shipped from (each different warehouse selected creates a separate shipment/goods-out note).
- (Optional) Select a shipping method to assign to the goods-out notes, or leave it blank to apply the order shipping method.
- Click the Create Purchase Orders / Goods notes button. The goods-out note will be displayed at the bottom of the screen.
- Click the order reference at the top of the page to return to the order and see that it is partially fulfilled.
How to fulfil a sales order / create a goods-out note
One at a time from within the order:
- In Brightpearl, search for and open the order.
- Hover over Fulfill order at the top of the order and select Fulfill and ship later .
- The goods-out note is created and the reference is displayed. Click on the reference to view the document.
- In Brightpearl, go to Sales > Recent Sales/Quotes .
- Use the filters to search for the orders to be fulfilled.
- Select one or more orders to be fulfilled.
- Click the Fulfill button at the top of the list.
- Select Fulfill and ship later .
- (Optional) Choose which status to place these orders on.
- (Optional) If you want to apply a different shipping method than entered on the order records, change it here.
- (Optional) To override the warehouses used on the orders, select one here.
- Click the Fulfil button to create your goods-out note(s).