Price sync can be activated on the eBay account set up within Brightpearl. When active Brightpearl will update eBay listings from the relevant price list.
Changes made in eBay will not download into Brightpearl.
When will prices update?
When the price sync is active on the eBay sales channel, prices will be updated in near real time. Price updates are triggered at the following times:
- When the a product is first connected to a listing on eBay
- When the connected product is saved with or without any changes having been made
- When the connected product is included on a product import with or without any updates being made
- When the product price is updated in Brightpearl, including updates made using the price list import
- When the listing is disconnected and then reconnected to the product in Brightpearl
Prices will also be updated on eBay even when the price sync is inactive in the following cases:
- When the item is relisted
- When the eBay listing is edited and published
- When eBay listings are batched edited and published
Prices will not update in these cases:
- Activating the price sync after publishing or connecting a listing to a product, unless one of the above scenarios is created
During the implementation of eBay with Brightpearl you may choose to deactivate synchronization of prices and inventory until the set up and connections are completed and you're ready to start using it. It is worth noting however, that changing the synchronization settings later on will not automatically and immediately update eBay, so eBay could potentially still be displaying items, which in Brightpearl, are out of stock.
Prices and inventory (when active) are automatically sent to eBay when the listing is first connected to a product and then only when inventory levels / price change. So if the synchronization of prices and/or inventory is activated after the listing and product are connected the updates will happen naturally as subsequent changes happen in Brightpearl, or they can be manually triggered.
Out of sync prices
Customers will always be charged the price seen on eBay. When an order downloads it will always show the price charged on eBay.
Which price list is used?
A default price list is assigned to each eBay account integrated with Brightpearl. This must be set up in the same currency as the eBay site the channel is connecting to.
Additional price lists can be used by assigning them to listing profiles. The currency should always be in relevant currency for the eBay site on which the listing will be made. Note that there are two methods of internation listing:
- Passive - where the listing is created on the domestic eBay site using the domestic currency but it offers international shipping options. eBay willl convert these price for the relevant international sites. These listing profiles should be assigned the domestic currency price list.
- Active - where the listing is created on the international eBay site using the foreign currency. These listing profiles should be assigned a price list using the relevant currency.
A new listing will automatically use the price list set against the listing profile unless it is blank, in which case it will use the price list assigned to the account. A new listing can only be created where the product has a price on that price list.
If a listing was not created from Brightpearl the price list is assigned when it is connected to a product record. Where the connection is made SKU-to-SKU to price list set on the eBay account is used. International listings will need to be manually connected so that the relevant price list is selected on connection. Once connected the price list can be edited directly on the listing in Brightpearl.
When using the relist function, the price list used will be the one selected for your eBay channel in Settings > Brightpearl Apps > eBay . It is recommended to setup a designated eBay price list to be used with this channel via Settings > Products / Inventory > Price lists , and ensure all of your eBay products have an amount entered for this price list.
Can I change the price list later?
The price list can be edited directly on the listing before or after publishing it to eBay. The price is updated automatically once the listing is saved in Brightpearl.
It is not possible to assign a price list which has no price for the product.
Should prices be net or gross?
The price displayed for a fixed price listing on eBay is always inclusive of any tax - this is the amount the customer will pay. When Brightpearl uploads prices it will ensure that it is tax inclusive so that the price displays correctly on the listing. This means that if a Brightpearl price list is set as "excludes tax", and is used with eBay listings, that tax will be added onto the price during the upload to eBay where the product is set as taxable.
In the UK you should always synchronize gross price lists (tax inclusive). This means that the price you see in Brightpearl is the price displayed on eBay. It is particularly important where you are listing the item on a foreign currency marketplace. If you synchronize a net price list Brightpearl will still add on VAT using the product tax code even though the item is being listed in a country where tax should not be added.
When actively listing in Europe using a UK eBay account, ensure that the Euro price list is set as "Gross". This will prevent VAT from being added to your prices on upload with eBay and artificially inflating prices on VAT exempt sites.
Related how to guides - Price lists & currencies for eBay
How to activate / deactivate price sync for eBay
Channels > eBay > Settings
Check or uncheck the price sync option.