If you're using Thunderbird for your email, you can get all your outgoing and incoming emails to appear on the contact timeline.
You need to add your Mail Store email address to the CC or BCC field for every outgoing email that you want to appear in Brightpearl CRM. Within 5 minutes it will be on the contact timeline!
Do it automatically:
You can set up an "auto BCC" so that this is all done for you in the background, if you want.
- In Thunderbird, go to Tools > Account settings .
- Select Copies and Folders on the left menu for the mail account you want to work with.
- Enter your Mail Store email address into the field as shown:
Brightpearl will not be able to detect mail that arrives direct from sender into your inbox. To get these emails to appear on the contact timeline, you will either need to reply, making sure that you CC or BCC the Mail Store, or you can Forward the mail to your Mail Store account.
When forwarding mail, don't remove any of the message body.
Make sure that you set up your Thunderbird system to forward emails INLINE, rather than ATTACHED.
- In Thunderbird, go to Tools > Options .
- Click the Composition icon at th top.
- Select Inline as shown below:
When you forward mail, Brightpearl detects the original sender from the text that is inserted into the body of the message, which means that you need to send messages including an HTML part. If you are prompted with a choice, always include HTML: