If you ship items out to customers, then you might want to switch on the Brightpearl postcode lookup service. A recent survey conducted by the Interactive Media in Retail Group (IMRG) in partnership with PCA Predict (now Loqate) revealed inaccurate addressing, through missing postcodes, cost the e-Retail industry £146 million in 2009.
- In general, the average cost of failed deliveries (from £4.25 for each late delivery to £91.34 for the loss of a customer) was overlooked by businesses prior to the implementation of address capture technology.
- Over 70% of respondents agreed that address auto-fill technology reduced shopping cart abandonments (conversion rates improved by 9%, where quantified).
- 67% of respondents agreed that address auto-fill technology brought a significant return on investment.
You can use our postcode lookup feature to ensure that you're not missing out on revenue.
- Go to Settings > Brightpearl Apps > Postcode lookup .
- Click the blue Registration form link to sign up.
- Once you have your account details, add them into the Brightpearl screen and save.
If you want to turn on postcode lookups for your website, just choose the relevant options on the setup screen.
What licences to buy?
There are two types of licence that you can use; one for internal lookups in the Brightpearl platform, and one for your online shop such as with Magento. This is how to get the one to use with Brightpearl:
- Log into your Loqate account.
- Go to “New Service”
- Beneath “Capture+ Address, Email and Phone Number Validation”, click “Set Up”.
- On the following screen, click “App (e.g. Salesforce)”, then pick “Salesforce”, “Microsoft Dynamics” or “Chrome Extension”.
- Click “Next” to get your key.
- In Brightpearl go to Settings > Brightpearl Apps > Postcode lookup .
- Enter the license key code from Loqate into the Admin license key field.
- Save your changes.
You'll now be able to use the "lookup" link in Brightpearl when you're adding new contact addresses.