Please note, this feature is currently only supports UK Postcode lookup.
If you ship items out to customers, then you might want to switch on the Brightpearl postcode lookup service. A recent survey conducted by the Interactive Media in Retail Group (IMRG) in partnership with PCA Predict (now Loqate) revealed inaccurate addressing, through missing postcodes, cost the e-Retail industry £146 million in 2009.
- In general, the average cost of failed deliveries (from £4.25 for each late delivery to £91.34 for the loss of a customer) was overlooked by businesses prior to the implementation of address capture technology.
- Over 70% of respondents agreed that address auto-fill technology reduced shopping cart abandonments (conversion rates improved by 9%, where quantified).
- 67% of respondents agreed that address auto-fill technology brought a significant return on investment.
You can use our postcode lookup feature to ensure that you're not missing out on revenue.
Register for a Loqate account at account.loqate.com/register. Once your account is set up, you can connect it to Brightpearl.
- Log into your Loqate account
- Click Add service+ at the top of the page
- Click API Key
- Copy this key
- In Brightpearl go to Settings > Brightpearl Apps > Postcode lookup
- Enter your Loqate account ID into the account code field (you can find this when logged into Loqate at the bottom right of the screen)
- Paste the key into the Admin license key field
- Save your changes.
You'll now be able to use the "lookup" link in Brightpearl when you're adding new contact addresses.