Brightpearl allows you to merge (or de-dupe) these contacts, which will bring all the information onto one contact, including orders, notes and other history.
When contacts are merged the "target" contact is the record retained, the record merged into them is completely deleted and will have no record or history remaining. As much of the second contact's details as possible and all their related records, such as orders and financial history, will be transferred to the target contact. No contact details on the target contact will be overwritten so if, for example, each contact has a different lead source the one assigned to the target contact will be retained and the second contact lead source lost in the merge. Where additional fields are available, such as email addresses, the next available field will be used so both contact's details are retained. All tags will also be retained in the merge.
The following points are moved across
- Secondary contacts (when the merged contacts are part of a company)
- CRM events
- Standard notes (not emails from the Brightpearl Mailstore application)
- Accounting journal entries
- Linked projects
- Saved files
- Custom field data
- Email addresses
- and Telephone numbers
How to merge contacts
- Search for the contacts to be merged; go to Customers or Suppliers > List all, use the filters as required.
- Once the contacts are listed, you need the "target" contact (the one you want to keep and transfer everything over to) to be at the top of the list. You can change the sort order of the list by clicking on any of the column headings.
- Select the contacts by selecting the checkbox next to each. You can only merge two contacts at a time.
- Click the Merge button.
- You will be asked to confirm the action. You can't reverse this! Click OK to continue.