The web portal allows both customers and suppliers to view their own account online.
- View quote/order/invoice status history, comments and progress
- Reprint invoices
- View a financial statement
- Approve quotes
- Pay for orders/invoices online (requires integrated payment provider)
- View a financial statements
- Update personal information
- Submit, track and follow up on enquiries via the Helpdesk
- Acknowledge receipt of orders and add a reference number
- Confirm shipment of orders
The web portal can be accessed in a couple of ways:
- Direct URL
- Single click email link
Setting up the web portal
The web portal needs to be activated and can then be customized to alter the logo and background colour, plus minor changes using CSS. Each contact will need to be given a login for the web portal before they can start using it.
How to activate the web portal
- Go to Settings > Helpdesk > Helpdesk settings.
- Select Yes to activate the web portal and save.
How to customize the web portal
Minor changes can be made to the web portal such as colour at Settings > Company > Web portal.
How to add a logo to the web portal
Logo images must be a JPEG. It will be resized to 200px wide by 120px high.
- Go to Settings > Company > Channels.
- Select the default channel.
- Upload the logo and save.
How to give a contact a login to the web portal
- Search for and open the customer/supplier record.
- Select the Info tab.
- Click the Password link just below the 'Is this contact an employee' field.
- Generate them a password. Note that an automatically generated password will be emailed to the main email address on the contact record.
Alternatively, the contact can register themselves by navigating to the web portal and clicking on the forgotten password link. If they submit their email address, which must be same as the main email on the contact record, a password will be emailed directly to them.
Web portal URL
The web portal is accessed using the following URLs, depending on the data center of the Brightpearl account (found in the account login URL):
- USE1: http://portal.use1.brightpearl.com/index.php?c= accountID
- EUW1: http://portal.euw1.brightpearl.com/index.php?c= accountID
Remember to update the accountID at the end of the URL to your own accountID.
An easy way to find the login screen is to go to Settings > Company > Web portal and click the 'Preview your portal' link.
One click login, "Click here to view or pay online"
When you email quotes and invoices to customers or suppliers you can activate a one time link to view it on the web portal. This allows them to open the document in the web portal without having to enter their log in details. For security reasons this will only work once, but they can always log in the normal way.
Hiding quotes/orders in the web portal
Whilst a sale is still at the "opportunity" stage, or perhaps it's a draft quote, you don't want the client to be able to see it in the web portal. You can set your order statuses to be public or private so that only public orders are displayed within the web portal.
Who can see the quotes/orders/invoices?
There can be a number of email addresses on each record. If the contact is created in Brightpearl with this email address then each one of these people will be able to see the details if they log into the web portal. This allows multiple staff at the client company to be party to the same up to date information.
Receiving payments via the web portal
To allow your customers to make payments via the web portal you will need to set up payment methods, such as PayPal via Settings > Other > Payment methods. Once a payment has been processed by the customer in the web portal it will create the accounting in Brightpearl and mark the invoice as paid where necessary.
Customers can approve any quote you give them from within the web portal. To activate this functionality you will need to:
- Create an "approved" order status, ensuring this is public on the web portal
- Select that status as your "approved" status on the sales workflow
All the customer then needs to do is log in to their account, open the quote, enter a comment and hit the Approve button. The quote will automatically move to the "approved" order status so you know it is ready to be processed.
When you are sending purchase orders to suppliers you will want to know that they have received them. They can do this online by logging into the web portal and acknowledging the order. To activate this option you will need to:
- Create an "acknowledged" order status, ensuring this is public on the web portal
- Select that status as your "acknowledged" status in the purchase settings
All the supplier then needs to do is log in to their account and go to the Orders section. A list of purchase orders due to acknowledge will be listed. All they need to do is click the View details link then enter a reference and hit the Acknowledge button. The purchase order will automatically move to the "acknowledged" order status and an "acknowledged" note will be added onto the order, so you know it is being processed by your supplier.
Supplier confirmation of shipment
When you have placed orders with suppliers, particularly drop-ship purchase orders, you will want to know when the supplier has dispatched the order. They can do this online through the web portal. First of all you will need to:
- Create a new "shipped" purchase order status
- Select this status as your "shipped" status in the purchase settings
The supplier will need to log into their account, go to the orders section, search for and view the details for the order. They can confirm it as shipped by entering the shipping details in the comment area and saving. The comment will be added to the notes on the order and it will automatically be moved to your "shipped" status.
How do I hide the "Powered by Brightpearl" link in the web portal?
You can edit the way the web portal looks using CSS at Settings > Company > Web portal . You'll need to work with someone who knows CSS to hide the link.